The building process is exciting and detailed and refers to all stages in the journey toward your new home. During your building process, we will ensure the proper measures for underground power works and plumbing are being met and conduct regular inspections to ensure safety and quality standards.
- After preparing your site, the foundation/base will be prepared for your property including floor checks, termite treatments and cement curing.
- The house will start to take shape in the framing stage, where your builders will erect the wall frames and roof trusses, checking dimensions, plans and installations at every turn.
- The lock-up stage occurs once your home is at a point where it can be locked up. The frame is no longer exposed to the outdoors, with walls, a roof and even doors. Your brickwork or cladding will follow, as plumbers and electricians begin their work to install necessary piping, cabling and fittings. In Queensland, another inspection will happen at this stage to ensure waterproofing of the roofing, plumbing and windows.
- Once the plumbers and electricians are done and your house is ‘live’, we will then move onto the interior of your home, fitting features, appliances, internal doors, cabinetry, skirting boards and plasterboards. Bathrooms, kitchens and laundries will receive their sinks, baths and basins, and stairwells will be built to connect the home.
- The last stage of your build is the completion stage, where your home receives the final touches, such as painting and tiling before your moving truck arrives. Once completed, we will walk through it with you to explain all the homes features and confirm a handover date, which will be subject to a full inspection from a building surveyor. This is the final stage for corrections or adjustments.